- Staff members who have already undertaken informed consent training as part of GCP training.
- Members of staff who will be working on paediatric research studies or those with a keen interest in this important area of research.
- This course is suitable for new members of staff and experienced members of staff wishing to develop their existing knowledge and skills.
Aims and Objectives:
- To understand the importance of paediatric research
- To understand roles, responsibilities and legislation regarding informed consent and assent in the context of paediatric research
- To gain an understanding of the assent process and its importance in paediatric research
- To explore the issues and challenges associated with gaining informed consent and assent
Course Summary:This course will give attendees the opportunity to explore differences and challenges involved with paediatric research in a NHS setting