Target Audience: Any new member of the multi-disciplinary team involved with Patients who are involved in a Research Study or Clinical Trial.
Aims and Objectives: The aim of this workshop is to provide participants with a sound grounding in the standards required when receiving consent in clinical research. It provides an introductory overview upon which clinical competence can be developed to meet local Trust needs and requirements.
Course Summary: This workshop uses a combination of presentations, discussions and group activities (based on standard materials) designed to bring the principles of valid informed consent into the workplace.
Following the workshop you should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the roles and responsibilities of different individuals involved in the process of informed consent in clinical research.
- Understand the ethical and legal considerations that influence the practice of informed consent.
- Demonstrate understanding of the process of receiving informed consent (and equivalent processes where appropriate) and the documentation to support this process.
- Acknowledge your personal and professional accountability when participating in the consent process.
- Know where to go for further advice/support and how to develop and maintain competence in the Valid Informed Consent Process.